Thursday, February 09, 2006

365 days until I turn 40

and the day started out well. I had a good night's sleep. I got up on time, my husband was as sweet as can be. The kids got ready with minimal fuss. I got work done. I had a great lunch with my girlfriends. I shopped for my younger daughter's birthday. Then I got the phone call. The one that ruins a day. It's not that the call itself was all that significant - it wasn't. It was the tone. The mean person on the other end who is asserting something that is untrue, but hard to prove over the phone, and then he hangs up on me. Just hangs up. Hangs up. Who does that???

And, I let it upset me, for the entire evening. I hate how anger makes such a physical reaction that is so unpleasant and lasting. Headache, sweats, nausea. I hate it.

And, it's my birthday.

Well, maybe my birthday is starting this way because its going to be a great year - ya' think?

No comments: