Sunday, February 12, 2006

Well, already I'm a slacker

I fully intended this year to have 365 posts... but already I cannot do this.

Friday we were bad parents and took the kids out of school and went to the Atlanta Aquarium. We thought it wouldn't be crowded since it wasn't a holiday - but it was amazingly crowded. We got down there just a bit after 9 and by 10:15 it was as crowded as I could stand - I wonder what the weekends are like? Since we've got season passes we've decided to always plan on being there from 9 until 10 and just see what we can see. Maybe go to Centennial park aftwards when its warm and play in the fountains.

That evening we had what we thought were going to be a few people over to watch the opening ceremonies. We ended up having 12 kids and 12 or so parents over here watching - it was crazy busy and not planned so we had to bake 4 frozen pizzas and two lasagnas and everyone just ate whatever they found. I love how casual my neighborhood is... The ceremonies themselves were weird as usual, with that many people in the house I couldn't hear very well, so maybe the weirdness was explained, but I doubt it. I loved the spider people. I've not gotten into watching the sports much, but they haven't been showing many of the popular sports yet.

Saturday saw my youngest daughter turn 6. She had a party on her birthday and it went very well. I love the parties where you go somewhere, its all set up, people come, people go, you write a check, and you go home. I know that sounds lazy, but I plenty of quality things with my kids - this is not one I enjoy, so why suffer?

Today we had snow, which is very unusual in Atlanta. Big huge fluffy flakes, but other than on our deck, no sticking. Best kind of snow, although I could have handled some sticking - since it was the weekend, I'd have loved a couple inches on the yard.

No comments: